We are pleased to announce that The David Hearn Foundation Kia Grant is now accepting 2018 applications.
Kia Canada and PGA TOUR golfer and Kia ambassador David Hearn launched the initiative in 2017 and saw great success. The 2017 Grant recipients were Everett Craven from Woodstock, ON and Johnathon Coffey from Shallow Lake, ON.
Online applications can be found HERE
Hard copy applications can be printed HERE
ABOUT THE GRANT
The David Hearn Foundation Kia Grant is a joint initiative between Kia Canada Inc. (KCI) and Canadian
PGA TOUR golfer David Hearn to encourage and enable junior golfers to give back to their communities by recognizing their local Alzheimer Society chapter. The David Hearn Foundation Kia Grant will award two junior golfers each with a $4,500 cheque to direct to the local Alzheimer Society chapter of their choice.
The two grant recipients will also receive the following:
1. Invitation to play in the 2018 David Hearn Foundation Charity Classic at Brantford Golf & Country Club on July 30, 2018 (including transportation and accommodations if needed). The winners will also be formally acknowledged by both Hearn and KCI, and their selected Alzheimer Society chapters will be presented with the cheques.
2. $500 Gift Card to Golf Town each
2018 IMPORTANT DATES:
• Tuesday May 22, 2018 – Applications Open
• Tuesday, June 19, 2018 – Application Deadline @ 6:00 pm EST
• Wednesday, July 4, 2018 – Winners Selected
• Friday, July 6, 2018 – Winners Announced
• Monday, July 30, 2018 – Winners take part in the 2018 David Hearn Foundation Charity Classic
ABOUT THE DAVID HEARN FOUNDATION
Founded in 2015, The David Hearn Foundation’s central focus is to support the Alzheimer Society of Canada in reducing the personal and social impacts of the disease by raising funds to provide individuals and families with needed programs and services. Through its partnership, the Foundation will aim to increase awareness, improve care for those in need and enhance the quality of life for those affected by the disease, while also empowering Canadians to take action and create positive change.
Learn more about The David Hearn Foundation at www.DavidHearn.ca
Follow David Hearn on Twitter: @HearnDavid
Follow The David Hearn Foundation on Twitter: @hearnfoundation
Follow The David Hearn Foundation on Facebook: The David Hearn Foundation
ABOUT KIA CANADA
Kia Canada Inc. (www.kia.ca / www.facebook.com/kiacanada), a maker of quality vehicles for the young-at-heart is a subsidiary of Kia Motors Corporation (KMC) which was founded in 1999 and sells and services high quality, class leading vehicles like the Soul, Forte, Optima and Sorento through a network of 189 dealers nationwide. Kia Canada Inc. employs 154 people in its Mississauga, Ontario headquarters and four regional offices across Canada, including a state-of-the-art facility in Montreal. Kia’s brand slogan “The Power to Surprise” represents the company’s global commitment to surprise the world by providing exciting & inspiring experiences that go beyond expectations
For more information about Kia Canada and our products, please visit our Media Centre at KiaMedia.ca
Follow KIA on Twitter: @KiaCanada